The food revolution has already taken place in Sweden, a country with a population of 9 million people where a low-carb paleo diet has gained a pretty strong foothold.
One of the biggest drivers of the revolution in Sweden is the family doctor Andreas Eenfeldt.
He started a very popular blog in Swedish and published a book about the diet, and has also started a blog in English called Diet Doctor.
Whenever I finish med school here in Iceland, I plan on going to Sweden to specialize in some branch of medicine.
Definitely going to call Andreas up and buy him a cup of coffee. Seems like a cool guy.
The video below is his presentation at the Ancestral Health Symposium in 2011.
- A quick primer on the war against saturated fat and cholesterol.
- The rapid spread of the obesity epidemic in America.
- How the obesity epidemic isn’t slowing down, but advancing every year.
- How a doctor named Annika Dahlqvist recommended low-carb to her patients and was sued by Swedish dietitians, but won the case which exploded the popularity of low-carb in Sweden.
- All the randomized controlled trials on low-carb diets show that they are vastly superior to low-fat diets.
- Gastric bypass surgeries are becoming one of the most common operations in the world, it can be seen as trying to surgically adapt the human body to the industrial food.
The video is 55 minutes long: