In this article I am going to outline some free protein powder recipes.
I love protein powder and I have had some regularly for the past few years. Chocolate is my favorite, but strawberry and vanilla are pretty good too.
It is true that athletes and individuals who work out do need quite a bit of protein per day to ensure muscle gain and optimal recovery.
However, that’s not the real reason why I love protein powder recipes so much. I also enjoy the taste and I enjoy the texture it gives when mixed with other things.
Protein Powder Recipes
First, I am going to outline my favorite recipe.
It takes only about 2-3 minutes to make, and it is both healthy and delicious.
- 1 Banana
- 1 Organic full-fat yogurt (no sugar)
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Blueberries
Instructions: Mash banana into a bowl. Pour yogurt on top and mix. Insert a scoop of protein powder and 1/4 cup of coconut flakes, then mix. Finally, insert frozen blueberries and mix. Eat and enjoy.
Some Other Recipes
- 1 – 1,5 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 Egg White
- Water until it forms a wet “dough”
- Instructions: Insert the batter into the two greased bowls and microwave for 15-20 seconds. Enough to make two cookies.
- 1 – 1,5 cups gluten-free pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1tbsp applesauce
- 3/4 cups almond milk
- Instructions: Incorporate all ingredients until batter is well mixed. If needed, add more almond milk. Fry on a 350 degree oiled gridle. Makes 10 pancakes
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- 1 cup of peanuts
- 1/3 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- Instructions: blend in food processor until it reaches a doughy consistency. Add small amount of water if needed. Line a bread pan in waxed paper and press it in. Once the shape is correct, remove the pan and slice into bars. Makes 12 protein bars.
Personally, I don’t recommend people eat a ton of these treats. It is a much better option to eat real food, such as meat, fish eggs, vegetables, some fruit, etc.
But having some treats every now and then, with protein powder and some natural ingredients is certainly a much better option than the sugar-laden candies and pastries people eat.
So on birthdays and rare occasions, these are definitely a good option.